List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 21 2000 1:10am
Subject:Re: Is this a typo or what!
View as plain text
At 9:31 PM -0400 08/19/2000, Floyd Baker wrote:
>Hello..
>
>I see the following several places in books and online but I don't
>know what to
>make of it.
>
>[FIELDS
>     [TERMINATED BY 'string']
>     [OPTIONALLY] ENCLOSED BY 'char']
>     [ESCAPED BY 'char']]
>[LINES TERMINATED BY 'string']
>
>Is there or is there not an extra bracket?
>Or, don't I understand the syntax methods.

I guess it's the latter.

The second bracket at the end of the fourth line (which is the extra
bracket I assume you're referring to) is matched by the opening bracket
at the beginning of the first line.  That is, the FIELDS clause is
optional, and it has three subclauses, which are themselves optional.
(This is actually not *quite* true - any of the three are optional,
except that at least one must be present.

Is that what you're asking?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Is this a typo or what!Floyd Baker20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Steven Werby20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Christophe Gijbels20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Fredrick Bartlett20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!dave-mlist20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Rob McMillin20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Steven Werby20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Van20 Aug
    • Re: Is this a typo or what!Floyd Baker21 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Steven Werby20 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Paul DuBois21 Aug
    • Access -> mysql problemAndrew Threlfall21 Aug
  • Re: Is this a typo or what!Steven Werby21 Aug
  • database stored in 2 different logical driveFirdaus Mah21 Aug
    • Re: database stored in 2 different logical driveJeremy D. Zawodny21 Aug