List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:August 19 2000 3:11pm
Subject:Cron file for Backup
View as plain text
Does anyone have a Cron file written for backing up Mysql databases on a
Linux Mandrake 7.0 system.
Basically, need to run a cron file every night to backup all databases
to my second hard drive in the computer.
Eventually, I would like to get a tape backup.

I usually do a mysqldump databasename.dump > databasename   at the end
of the month, but now I have too many databases to deal with and I would
like to automate the process.

Thanks,

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
restoring from scratchCurtis Maurand19 Aug
  • Re: restoring from scratchStephen J. Wilcox19 Aug
    • Re: restoring from scratchCurtis Maurand19 Aug
    • Cron file for BackupDouglas Brantz19 Aug
      • RE: Cron file for BackupDon Read19 Aug
    • Re: Cron file for BackupVan19 Aug