List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:March 18 1999 1:04pm
Subject:Re: access denied for user: 'root@localhost']
View as plain text
Michel,

1. Did you go into the control tables and assign the password to root
again?

2. Can you access the database by logginh in without a username and
password ?

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, tisniewaarhe wrote:

>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:45:58 +0100
>From: tisniewaarhe <tisniewaarhe@stripped>
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: access denied for user: 'root@localhost']
>
>Ladies, gents,
>
>I've done the bad thing. I modified the record for user root to allow
>access to the database from another machine. It didn't work. Neither
>does root@localhost anymore. in fact nobody can connect anymore it
>seems.
>
>I erased the mysql contents and recreated the database with
>my_install_db
>
>when I run   mysqladmin -root password '<the root pw>'   I get
>
>" access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)"
>
>Is there still hope?
>
>If you think RTFM/ RTFFAQ please point me in right direction as I
>haven't seen it so far, havent looked for the right words when I search
>
>Michel

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
access denied for user: 'root@localhost']tisniewaarhe18 Mar
  • Re: access denied for user: 'root@localhost']Micheal Mc Evoy18 Mar
  • Re: access denied for user: 'root@localhost'Mark Keaney18 Mar