List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:August 18 2000 4:42pm
Subject:Re: MySQL and ASP
View as plain text
You need to create an ODBC datasource, a system DSN.  Then connect to that using ADO.  For
example, I have a DSN named NT2Buildings, an ODBC connection to an NT MySQL server.  In
the ASP page I use:

ConnectionString1a = "DSN=NT2Buildings;User

conn1 = Server.CreateObject('ADODB.Connection');
conn1.Open( ConnectionString1a );
sql = "SELECT DISTINCT bldgtype, tpl FROM projects ORDER BY bldgtype";
rs1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rs1.Open( sql, conn1);

>Can MySQL be used with Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP). If yes, how do
>you establish a connection with the database using ADO?
>Francis Famurewa
> > Developer : World Service Software Development Team
> > *0207 5571984 * 0207 557 1983 *Rm G9 East Wing, Bush House *
> > mailto:francis.famurewa@stripped
> >

>This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error,
> please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and
> notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are
> not the views of the BBC, unless specifically stated.
>Please check "" before
>posting. To request this thread, e-mail mysql-thread48272@stripped
>To unsubscribe, send a message to:
>     <>
>If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to the above
> address(Microsoft Outlook), you can use

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

MySQL and ASPFrancis Famurewa18 Aug
Re: MySQL and ASPChristopher R. Jones18 Aug