List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:August 16 2000 2:31pm
Subject:Re: WinNT problems
View as plain text
Read the manual, Chapter 6 on the access privilege system.  You have to create users with
passwords.  The first thing you should do is give "root" a password.

>Hi!
>
>I have following problem: I have installed mysql in NT box and I can connect to it
> with my client when user is 'root' and no password. When I try to connect to it as an
> another user, for example user: 'test', it wont connect. It just reports 'access denied
> for user test@MY_COMPUTER_NAME_HERE using password: YES...
>
>What should I do?
>
>SF
>----
>Soittoäänet ja ikonit matkapuhelimeen!  http://www.iobox.fi/
>

>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
WinNT problemsS. Forsberg16 Aug
  • Re: WinNT problemsChristopher R. Jones16 Aug
  • Re: WinNT problemsMark Weaver16 Aug