List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 8 1999 7:04pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Performance on HPUX
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Trown <ctrown@stripped>
> writes:

Chris> On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 11:35:20AM -0400, Michael Closson scribbled:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I recently installed mysql 3.22.22 from source with egcs-1.1.2 on hpux-10.20
>> it works well enough but is kinda slow connecting.  I wrote a small c
>> program to connect to mysql and do a simple query and it looks like the slow
>> part is the call to
>>
>> mysql_init();
>>
>> not the call to
>>
>> mysql_real_connect();
>>
>> So I am looking for a suggestion on how to speed this up.  I am willing to
>> provide any additional information on my setup.  Thanks in advance

Did you run mysql_init() many times to check this ?  The first
'mysql_init' may be a little bit slower, but after this it should be
REAL fast.

mysql_init() only calls malloc() to allocsome memory.  This should be
real fast.  The only case this may be a little slow is if you have
compiled MySQL with --with-debug and you have much memory in use as in
this case safe_malloc() will check your memory allocation for
over/under runs

Chris> I've noticed that the program "mysql", as in "mysql databaseName", is slow
Chris> connecting as well.  Until now, I'd never given much thought to my C apps.
Chris> Dammit, now you've done it.  :)

Have you tried 'mysql -A databasename' ?

Chris> Chris...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL Performance on HPUXMichael Closson8 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXChris Trown8 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXMichael Widenius8 Jun
Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXRalf Kraudelt9 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXMichael Widenius9 Jun