List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 8 1999 6:26pm
Subject:UNIX socketfile problem on LinuxPPC 4.1
View as plain text
>>>>> "Krall" == Krall Peter <pekkaar@stripped> writes:

Krall> Hi,
Krall> did anyone here happened to experience this problem:

Krall> The app compiled and installed fine but upon launching it gives me this
Krall> in the -usr-var-hostname.err:

Krall> mysqld started on  Tue Jun 8 14:32:28 CEST 1999
Krall> 990608 14:32:29  Can't start server : UNIX Socket : Invalid argument
Krall> 990608 14:32:29  Aborting

Krall> mysqld ended on  Tue Jun 8 14:32:29 CEST 1999

Krall> It quits in 20 secs all the time. WHat could be wrong here? BTW, LinuxPPC
Krall> is based on Red Hat distrib, if this helps.

Krall> My MySQL: mysqld  Ver 3.22.22 for unknown-linux-gnu on powerpc

Hi!

This means that somehow the call

socket(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0)

fails.

Sorry, I don't know in which context on can get 'Invalid argument' from this
call.

Anybody else that know something about this?

Regards,
Monty

Thread
UNIX socketfile problem on LinuxPPC 4.1Michael Widenius8 Jun
Re: UNIX socketfile problem on LinuxPPC 4.1Sasha Pachev9 Jun
Re: UNIX socketfile problem on LinuxPPC 4.1Krall Peter9 Jun