List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:June 8 1999 4:43pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Performance on HPUX
View as plain text
On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 11:35:20AM -0400, Michael Closson scribbled:
> Hello All!
> I recently installed mysql 3.22.22 from source with egcs-1.1.2 on hpux-10.20
> it works well enough but is kinda slow connecting.  I wrote a small c
> program to connect to mysql and do a simple query and it looks like the slow
> part is the call to
>   mysql_init();
> not the call to
>   mysql_real_connect();
> So I am looking for a suggestion on how to speed this up.  I am willing to
> provide any additional information on my setup.  Thanks in advance

     I've noticed that the program "mysql", as in "mysql databaseName", is slow
connecting as well.  Until now, I'd never given much thought to my C apps.
Dammit, now you've done it.  :)

What's the point?

An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
MySQL Performance on HPUXMichael Closson8 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXChris Trown8 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXMichael Widenius8 Jun
Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXRalf Kraudelt9 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Performance on HPUXMichael Widenius9 Jun