List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Faucette Date:June 8 1999 12:05pm
Subject:Re: Table exists ?
View as plain text
You can SELECT count(*) FROM tablename. Then check the error message.

  jim...

Derek Lavine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to check if a table exists before I do a
>
> create table mytbl
> ( ... );
>
> or drop table mytbl;
>
> would someone be so kind as to tell me how.
>
> I guess I have to query a mysql table to see if the table i am about  to
> create or drop are in it, but I don't know which table or what column of
> that table

Thread
Table exists ?Derek Lavine8 Jun
  • Re: Table exists ?Christian Mack8 Jun
  • Re: Table exists ?Jim Faucette8 Jun
  • RE: Table exists ?Jeff Magnusson8 Jun
  • Re: Table exists ?Derek Lavine9 Jun
    • Re: Table exists ?Paul DuBois9 Jun
    • Re: Table exists ?Michael Widenius9 Jun
  • Re: Table exists ?Sasha Pachev9 Jun
  • Re: Table exists ?Ronald Beck9 Jun
RE: Table exists ?tcobb9 Jun