List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 8 2000 11:31am
Subject:Re: mysql port 3306
View as plain text
>I have been told it it possible to telnet to port 3306 on my localmachine
>running mysql and execute remote commands.  However, when I type the
>following, I recieve a connection closed error.
>leibnizcreations% telnet localhost 3306
>Connected to localhost.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>MHost '' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
>serverConnection closed by foreign host.
>Have I been told incorrectly, or is there something special that I need to
>do before I can do this?  Thanks for any insight you  may be able to

You've been told incorrectly.  That, or you should ask whoever told you that
to prove that it's true by telling you how it can be done.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
mysql port 3306chris mutchler7 Aug
  • Re: mysql port 3306Jeremy D. Zawodny8 Aug
  • Re: mysql port 3306Greg Donald8 Aug
    • Re: mysql port 3306Dana Powers8 Aug
RE: mysql port 3306Quentin Bennett8 Aug
Re: mysql port 3306Paul DuBois8 Aug