List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Date:March 18 1999 9:29am
Subject:MySQL and Apache; compiling Apache with the auth_mysql module
View as plain text
Hi all,

Feel free to direct me to a more appropriate list if there is one. I
couldn't find it however, so here's the question:

I compiled MySQL and the auth_mysql module, MySQL runs fine. When I try
compiling Apache however (1.3.4) it can't seem to find '-lmysqlclient'.
MySQL source (3.22.19b) is in /usr/src/mysql, the binaries have been
installed into their default locations; /usr/local etc.

  [root@barbamama apache]# ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/
  auth_mysql/libauth_mysql.a
  Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.4
   + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
   + activated auth_mysql module (modules/auth_mysql/libauth_mysql.a)
  Creating Makefile
  Creating Configuration.apaci in src
  ld: cannot open -lmysqlclient: No such file or directory
  make: *** [dummy] Error 1
  Creating Makefile in src
   + configured for Linux platform
   + setting C compiler to gcc
   + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
   + checking for system header files
   + adding selected modules
      o auth_mysql_module uses ConfigStart/End
   + doing sanity check on compiler and options
  ** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
  ** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
  ** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
  ** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
  ** will also provide a clue.
   Aborting!
  [root@barbamama apache]#

Any ideas? Where should I look for the '-lmsqlclient'? The docs that come
with mod_auth_mysql-2.20 don't say anything about it... My compiler *IS*
gcc, I compiled the 2.2.3 kernel, MySQL etc. just fine.

Thnx!
Jonathan

--
URCentral Internet Services - For Mac and only Mac
Visit the website for more: http://www.urcentral.com/

Thread
MySQL and Apache; compiling Apache with the auth_mysql moduleJonathan18 Mar
  • Re: installing MyODBC problems....Thimble Smith26 Jul
RE: MySQL and Apache; compiling Apache with the auth_mysql modulePatrik Forsberg18 Mar
  • Re: installing MyODBC problems....()27 Jul
    • Re: installing MyODBC problems....Thimble Smith27 Jul