List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 7 1999 4:52pm
Subject:Re: Mysql for virtual sites
View as plain text
Jerome Delgrange wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm a php/mysql administrator beginner so excuse me if my question could be
> stupid because I was a php 2 user till a few days!
>
> I have just installed PHP3.0 and Mysql for virtual sites.
>
> I would like each virtual site's administrator to be able to create database
> through php request mixed in hyper text documents.
>
> Can you tell me how i can do ?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jerome Delgrange

Jerome:

There is no simple cookbook recipe I am aware of that you can apply step
by step and accomplish what you are asking for. It should take about 3
or so hours to set it up, and probably just as long to describe it in a
way that somebody new to MySQL and PHP could replicate, and I do not
think that myself or anybody else on the list has that much spare time.
However, if you do the following exercises, you will gain enough
knowledge to be able to solve  the problem yourself without the outside
help:

- Set up a couple dummy users with a certain set of priviliges ( read
the manual on the privilige system)
- Create a dummy database and populate it with some dummy data
- Create a dummy PHP page that queries the data in a way that depends on
user input
- Create a dummy PHP page that will take user data and put in the tables
in your dummy database

When you are done, you will not be a newbie anymore. Feel free to post
questions if you run into problems at any of the stages.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)