List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 7 1999 2:56pm
Subject:SCO UnixWare 7.1 and MySQL 3.22.22
View as plain text
I have been using Open Server 5.0.

Maybe some UnixWare person out there can answer a few questions.

I Just received UnixWare 7.1.
The SCO Unixware section of the install manual for UnixWare does
not indicate the need for FSUThreads, and Unixware does have a
thread.h and libthread.so.

Configure on the otherhand says:

checking SCO threads... configure: error: On SCO UNIX MySQL requires
that the FSUThreads package is installed.  See the Installation chapter
in the Reference Manual.

Does this mean the SCO threads are not useable?
Is the binary FSU package only for Open Server, or may I use it on
UnixWare also?

Are the UnixWare compiler and make ok or do I need the GNU packages?

Will a binary compiled on UnixWare run on Open Server?

I was hoping to use a system that did not require 2 compilers and
Makefile gyrations to get perl and MySQL to work together.

Yes, we also use Linux, but most of our customers are on SCO.

Thanks.
Thread
SCO UnixWare 7.1 and MySQL 3.22.22Gerald Clark7 Jun
  • SCO UnixWare 7.1 and MySQL 3.22.22Michael Widenius7 Jun
Re: SCO UnixWare 7.1 and MySQL 3.22.22801) 250-O795 Work7 Jun
  • Re: SCO UnixWare 7.1 and MySQL 3.22.22Gerald Clark7 Jun
    • Re: SCO UnixWare 7.1 and MySQL 3.22.22801) 250-O795 Work8 Jun