List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 6 1999 11:59am
Subject:Re: Freebsd stumper with libmysqlclient.so.4
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jesse" == Jesse Trucks <jesse@stripped> writes:

Jesse> Michael Widenius wrote:

>> >>>>> "Jesse" == Jesse Trucks <jtrucks@stripped> writes:

Jesse> I run an app under OpenBSD in FreeBSD Compat mode. The latest binary I got
Jesse> handed has been compiled needing this library: libmysqlclient.so.4 I
Jesse> cannot find this file anywhere. I have tried several packages and I cannot
Jesse> find the correct version of this library. Does anyone know where I can
Jesse> find a copy of this file already built for FreeBSD?

Jesse> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

>> Hi!
>>
>> Which MySQL distribution are you using?
>>
>> In the worst case you can always download the MySQL source distribution
>> and use compile this.  This will produce the above file!

Jesse> Actually, I am not running MySQL on that machine at all. I am stuck with
Jesse> a binary that was compiled using an OLD version of MySQL, and so I cant
Jesse> run the binary (it is an apache binary) unless I find this library :(

Jesse> If someone knows where to get the source for this version, i will
Jesse> install a copy of freebsd JUST to get this binary. My situation is that
Jesse> I have several thousand dollars worth of server software waiting to be
Jesse> fully operational just for this one library, so I am getting desperate.

Jesse> Again, the help is greatly appreciated!

Hi!

The problem is that libmysqlclinet.so.4 is very old.

The only reference to this I could find was in:
ftp://www.mysql.com/pub/mysql/Downloads/Old-Versions/mysql-3.22.10-beta.tar.gz

(This is 4.1.x, but it may be close enough to work)

Try downloading the above file and configure it with.

./configure --without-server

If this fails, your only other options, besides getting the above
library from the one that gave you the binary, is to get the source of
your apache application and compile this yourself.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Freebsd stumper with libmysqlclient.so.4Jesse Trucks5 Jun
  • Freebsd stumper with libmysqlclient.so.4Michael Widenius6 Jun
  • Re: Freebsd stumper with libmysqlclient.so.4Jesse Trucks6 Jun
    • Re: Freebsd stumper with libmysqlclient.so.4Michael Widenius6 Jun