List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:August 3 2000 6:12am
Subject:Re: AB Newbie question for perl experts!
View as plain text
I'm sorry, but I can't see the MySQL question here...

At 12:16 AM -0400 8/3/00, Andrew Burt wrote:
>I have a perl script which uses a file called index.cgi to create an index,
>which is stored as the file searchindex.dat. searchindex.dat is used by a
>another file called search.cgi which acts as a search engine.
>
>index.cgi uses the code below:
>
># Open and close the words.txt file
>open (WORDS, "words.txt") or medie ("Can't open words.txt - $!");
>my $words = join ('', <WORDS>);
>

># Close the words.txt file by using its file handle
>close (WORDS);
>
># what does this do?
>$words =~ s/\r//isg;
>$words =~ s/\n/\|/isg;
>

>words.txt is a text file with one word on each line like this:
>short
>story
>forgot
>include
>virtual
>exec
>ssi
>
>My questions is what is words.txt used for?

...while I realize that one might be tempted to post all sorts of
questions here because it is such a responsive list with a high
signal/noise ratio, too many off-topic posts will reduce that very
usefulness.

perl.oreilly.com, or any other perl site?

-steve

+--- "They've got a cherry pie there, that'll kill ya" ------------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                               Computer Consultant |
| http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/                  http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |
+-------------------------------------- FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper ---+
Thread
AB Newbie question for perl experts!Andrew Burt3 Aug
  • RE: AB Newbie question for perl experts!James Thornton3 Aug
  • Re: AB Newbie question for perl experts!Steve Edberg3 Aug