List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:August 2 2000 10:49pm
Subject:Re: DBI giving access error with LOAD DATA but not mysql
View as plain text
My uneducated guess is that "local" may be different using the DBI module than when
starting mysql from the shell.  Perhaps using the full path might help.

>Hi everyone. I read in tab separated data using LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
>using the mysql command line (freebsd) client often. It works great.
>Recently I created a perl/dbi script that automates this for me, mostly so
>I didn't have to type it in each time. The same query used in DBI that I
>use in mysql is giving me an access error! Here's what I do...
>
>$db = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$database:$hostname", $username, $password);
>
># now add the new dat
>$query = $db->prepare("LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'tempo' INTO TABLE master");
>$query->execute;
>$query->finish;
>
>Do you know what could be up? It's the exact same syntax that works fine
>in the command line, so it can't be an access thing. The error I get is
>
>Access denied for user: 'user@stripped' (Using password: YES) at
>./unmac.pl line 37, <> chunk 1. { line 37 is query->execute }
>

>--
>Brian Whitman
>bwhitman@stripped
>Crudites Sound Ventures
>

>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
DBI giving access error with LOAD DATA but not mysqlBrian Whitman2 Aug
  • Re: DBI giving access error with LOAD DATA but not mysqlChristopher R. Jones2 Aug
    • Re: DBI giving access error with LOAD DATA but not mysqlBrian Whitman2 Aug