List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 6 1999 2:13am
Subject:Re: Syntax Help GRANT
View as plain text
Renee Levant wrote:

> Hi! I'm the one who asked about GRANT permissions using an earlier version
> of mysql.  I appreciated the response but I'm clueless. Would anyone know
> the exact
> syntax I would need to use in version 3.21.33 to get the equivalent of the
> following command:?
>
> GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER
> ON WWWThreads
> TO user@localhost
> IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; exit;
>
> Thanks
> Renee

$mysql -uroot -pBigSecret mysql
mysql>insert into user (user, host, password) values ('user',
'localhost', password('password'));
mysql>insert into db (host, db, user, insert_priv, update_priv,
delete_priv, create_priv, drop_priv) values ('user', 'WWWThreads',
'localhost', 'y', 'y', 'y', 'y',
'y');
mysql>exit
$mysqladmin -uroot -pBigSecret reload