List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 5 1999 11:40pm
Subject:Re: mysql_install_db
View as plain text
Online Designs wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to get the mysql_install_db to run correctly.
> Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
>
> ccsonlinedesigns: {4} % cd /usr/local/bin
> ccsonlinedesigns: {5} % ./mysqlshow
> +-----------+
> | Databases |
> +-----------+
> | mysql     |
> +-----------+
> ccsonlinedesigns: {6} % ./mysqlshow mysql
> /usr/local/bin/mysqlshow: Cannot connect to db mysql: Access denied for
> user: '@
> localhost' to database 'mysql'
> ccsonlinedesigns: {7} % mysql_install_db
> mysql_install_db: Command not found.
> ccsonlinedesigns: {8} % ./scripts/mysql_install_db
> ./scripts/mysql_install_db: Command not found.
> ccsonlinedesigns: {9} % mysql -u root
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 12 to server version: 3.21.33b
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated!
> Carrie

Carrie:

The problem is that either my_install_db is missing from your
installation, or you are just typing the wrong path to it. If you have
it anywhere on your disk, here is how you can find it:

find / -name mysql_install_db -print

Depending on how much you have on your root filesystem, this may take a
while, but will eventually find mysql_install_db if it is hiding
somewhere. Then you can execute it with:

/path/you/have/found/mysql_install_db

If you get Permission denied error

chmod +x /path/you/have/found/mysql_install_db

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com