List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 5 1999 8:29pm
Subject:Re: Realtime mirroring
View as plain text
>>>>> "felix" == felix k sheng <felix@stripped> writes:

felix> On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 10:59:04AM -0700, sflist wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience using a MySQL database which is mirrored
>> in realtime across more than one server? Using the update file would
>> result in a less-than-realtime solution AFAIK, and short of every
>> update/insert/delete being replicated by the client for each server, I
>> don't know of a way. Anybody got any ideas/experience?

felix> I'm curious to know if a scheme like this is feasible, as far as
felix> multiple mysql's running read/write over the same files?  Does locking
felix> and all that happen in such a way that multiple mysql's can write
felix> to the same tables w/out fear of bad things happening?

If you are running an os with reliable file locking (like Solaris) the
above should work; On Linux one must probably work some time with
lockd to check how things works (I haven't had time to check how the
new lockd in Linux 2.2 works).

felix> I was also thinking of a situation where one could run multiple
felix> read only mysql's and a single read/write mysql over the same files
felix> shared over NFS on a switched 100baseT network.  Would that work?

It's the same problem as above;  You need to have a reliable lockd to
get this to work.

felix> felix

felix> --
felix> felix sheng                                           ... felix@stripped

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Realtime mirroringsflist4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroring(David Sklar)4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringsflist4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroring(Eric Savage)4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroring(David Sklar)4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringsflist4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringSasha Pachev4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroring(David Sklar)4 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringsflist5 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringsflist5 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringfelix k sheng5 Jun
  • Re: Realtime mirroringMichael Widenius6 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringSteve Freitas5 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringSteve Freitas5 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringMichael Widenius6 Jun
RE: Realtime mirroringJohn Foley7 Jun
Re: Realtime mirroringSteve Freitas7 Jun