List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Hazeltine Date:August 1 2000 12:25am
Subject:Regular export from oracle to mysql
View as plain text
Hi

I am interested in setting up automated procedures to export data
regularly from an oracle db to mysql hosted on a different computer.

One way would be to export data as a csv file (say) and ftp it to the
other host, relying on the LOAD DATA command to import the data into
mysql.  This has proved quite efficient for one application I have worked
on.

However, I am trying to find an more elegant way and bypass the export/ftp
route and find a more direct solution.  Both hosts are UNIX.

Suggestions welcome.

Rob...
Robert Hazeltine                      Member of UWSN Web Management Group
Project Officer (Web Development)     Phone:  +61(2) 4736 0218
Academic and Administrative Services  Email:  r.hazeltine@stripped
University of Western Sydney          http://www.uws.edu.au/

Thread
Regular export from oracle to mysqlRobert Hazeltine1 Aug
  • Re: Regular export from oracle to mysqlsinisa1 Aug