List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LDJ Date:March 18 1999 2:05am
Subject:S90mysql Permission Denied
View as plain text
I have MYSQL set up to start automatically on boot by placing the
mysql.server script (shipped with package) in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/
directory and changed the name to mysql and I have symlinks in rc2.d and
rc3.d, they are called S90mysql.
When my system boot up it tries to execute the S90mysql file but I get an
error saying permission denied. I can't figure out why. I am root. The
script tells mysql to start as root:
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
basedir=/usr/local/mysql
bindir=./bin
pid_file=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld.pid
mysql_daemon_user=root # Run mysqld as this user.
export PATH
Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?

S90mysql Permission DeniedLDJ18 Mar
  • Re: S90mysql Permission DeniedThimble Smith18 Mar