List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 31 2000 4:36am
Subject:Re: /var/tmp filling up
View as plain text
>Folks,
>
>Mysql is filling up my /var/tmp partition with files like those listed
>below.  The files are much, much larger than any db I have so I'm not sure
>what's going on.  What are these files and how can I stop them from jamming
>my server?
>
>I have 3.22.25 on FreeBSD.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Craig
>
>-rw-rw----   1 root  bin    121290752 Jul 30 21:57 SQLe2_0.ISD
>-rw-rw----   1 root  bin         1024 Jul 30 21:09 SQLe2_0.ISM

You're running a query that is generating very large temporary tables.
This is most likely due to some sort of join that isn't very well
specified and is producing a large number of rows in the result.
Typically this can be improved by being more specific in the WHERE
clause of a SELECT statement.

To find out which queries might be causing it, try running "mysqladmin
processlist" while the table is growing.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread