List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:June 4 1999 11:44pm
Subject:Re: move db to another disk
View as plain text
> >I always do this:
> >kill -9 `pidof mysqld`
> >cd /usr/local
> >tar cvf /newdrive/var.tar var
> >cd /newdrive
> >tar xvf var.tar
> >cd /usr/local
> >mv var var.old
> >/etc/rc.d/rc.mysql (where rc.mysql is my mysqld startup command)
>
> You don't *really* kill -9 your server as a normal thing to do,
> do you?

I don't normally move my databases, Paul.  But, I'm sure an
/etc/rc.d/rc.mysql stop would be just as effective.  >:)
However, in my early days I did use this method, and, it never caused
any problems.  Of course the server only does about 1000 inserts a day,
so, it's not very busy.
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
move db to another diskDongYu Wang5 Jun
  • Re: move db to another diskSasha Pachev5 Jun
  • Re: move db to another diskPaul DuBois5 Jun
  • Re: move db to another diskVan5 Jun