List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:June 4 1999 11:07pm
Subject:Re: move db to another disk
View as plain text
DongYu Wang wrote:

>    Part 1.1Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
Hi,

I am running mySQL3.21 under Linux RH5.2

I just added another hard disk to the system and want to move my MySQL
database files to the newly added hard disk.

Could anybody tell me how to do that.

I checked the system and could not find my.cnf file.

Thanks in advance

DWang

DongYu,
Take the htmlization off your messages.  We all like plain text inline
here.

I always do this:
kill -9 `pidof mysqld`
cd /usr/local
tar cvf /newdrive/var.tar var
cd /newdrive
tar xvf var.tar
cd /usr/local
mv var var.old
/etc/rc.d/rc.mysql (where rc.mysql is my mysqld startup command)

Once your mysqld is back up, do a few test queries and make sure
everyone's happy.  Afterward, you can toast the /usr/local/var.old
directory (or, burn it to CD, like me) >:)
Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
move db to another diskDongYu Wang5 Jun
  • Re: move db to another diskSasha Pachev5 Jun
  • Re: move db to another diskPaul DuBois5 Jun
  • Re: move db to another diskVan5 Jun