List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose de Leon Date:June 4 1999 10:06pm
Subject:MySQL Authentication
View as plain text
Hello,

In the mysql database, I have little experience with setting up proper
permissions for the db, host, and user table.

I have been using them and adding users.  So far they allow access to the
intended persons.

BUT, I really don't know if there are unintended access allowed.  I've read
the docs on how to apply permissions but they are not too clear to me.

It would be great if anybody can supply a tool that will query the mysql
database and indicate what the permissions are for each user, database,
host, etc.

In other words, I want a list of all who can access a particular database
and from what hosts, and what their level of access is.

Thanks,
Jose

Thread
MySQL AuthenticationJose de Leon5 Jun