List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jordan Pickup Date:July 28 2000 10:42pm
Subject:Disconnecting Users
View as plain text
I need to backup the databases but when someone is connected to a database,
I cannot back it up.

Is there any way to tell if the files are in use?
Is there any way to disconnect all the users so that I can back up the
databases?

I don't want to stop the service because then people couldn't read either.

Also, Locking the tables is not really feasable because it blocks until it
gets the lock and if someone has a persistent connection, it may never
return. Thus, the databases would not be backed up. So, disconnecting the
users would be preferable.

jordan

Thread
Disconnecting UsersJordan Pickup28 Jul
  • Re: Disconnecting UsersSinisa Milivojevic29 Jul