List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 4 1999 8:37pm
Subject:Re: Sub-selects IN()
View as plain text
At 2:43 PM -0500 6/4/99, Sasha Pachev wrote:
>David Wall wrote:
>>
>> According to the documentation I have, sub SELECTs via the IN() function may
>> be available in 3.23.2.  I'm running 3.22.21.  I'm trying to figure out how
>> much coding work-around I should do since subselects aren't available yet.
>> Does anybody know if subselects really will be parat of 3.23.2, and if so,
>> when that may become available?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>> d.wall@stripped
>>

>You can always reduce a sub-select to two queries , one
>storing the results in a temporary table, the other
>doing a join with the temporary table.

Which should become easier in 3.23.0 since that release is supposed to
support CREATE TABLE tbl_name SELECT ... which allows you to create
new tables on the fly based on the columns you're selecting.  So you
don't have to know the types of the columns you're selecting ahead of
time.

Since 3.23.0 should be available before 3.23.2 :-) a workaround should
be closer than 3.23.2.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Sub-selects IN()David Wall4 Jun