List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 28 2000 4:29am
Subject:Re: Exiting out of a mysql command
View as plain text
At 12:16 AM -0400 2000-07-28, Jeremy Cole wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>>  When running a query on mysql interactively, it has come to
>>  pass that I mismatch my quotes. for examplie I might put
>>  a single quote ' on one side of a string and a double
>>  quote (") on the other. Mysql responds by giving a '>
>>  prompt or some such.
>
>If you type \c it should clear the command and return you to a mysql>
>prompt.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jeremy

Unfortunately, although \c is indeed the "clear" command, it isn't
recognized when the parser thinks it's parsing a string.

So you have to enter the matching quote and then the \c.
If you don't know which one is the matching one, type the one
shown in the prompt (which is either '> or ">), followed by the \c.
That is, one of the following:

	'\c
	"\c

--