List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 4 1999 3:13pm
Subject:Re: Too many open files in system
View as plain text
At 9:10 AM -0500 6/4/99, webmaster@stripped wrote:
>Hi mysql,
>
>  Hi, I'm using mysql v3.22.21 on freebsd2.2.6, from time to time when
>  I try to select from some tables it sais Cannot open file 'name of
>  table' error number 23 (Too many open files in system)
>
>  I say kill -1 PID and everything is OK
>
>  What is the problem?

Check the manual entry for "File not found" in this chapter:

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Problems.html

You may be able to solve the problem by bumping up the number of
file descriptors allocated to the server or by telling the server
to keep fewer tables open at once.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Too many open files in systemwebmaster4 Jun