List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 4 1999 2:50am
Subject:C API
View as plain text
>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Machado <mike@stripped> writes:

Mike> I have a situation where I am doing a fork() and then I call
Mike> mysql_close(mysql); from within the parent process. Should this now make
Mike> it so the child cannot access the connection without having to
Mike> reconenct? Also what about if I did the close from the child, then would
Mike> the parent have to reconnect? The connection is opened before any
Mike> fork() is done. Thanks.

Hi!

Sorry, fork() will not work good with open mysql connections.
What is you trying to do;  Can't you use threads instead ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
C APIMike Machado4 Jun