List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 23 2000 11:54pm
Subject:Re: NOOOO
View as plain text
At 6:33 PM -0700 2000-07-23, Daren Cotter wrote:
>I was attempting to change my root password to mysql and now I cannot get in!
>The command I typed was: update user set Password="my_pass" where user="root";
>and now "my_pass" will not allow me to connect! I have root access
>on the server, can someone please tell me what I need to do???

Connect using your old password and issue a FLUSH PRIVILEGES statement.
You have changed the grant tables, but not told the server to reread the
new table contents.  You can also use "mysqladmin reload" from the command

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
NOOOODaren Cotter24 Jul
  • Re: NOOOOJeremy D. Zawodny24 Jul
    • getting random resultsDavid Diaz i Torrico24 Jul
  • Re: NOOOOPaul DuBois24 Jul
  • Re: NOOOODouglas Brantz24 Jul
Re: NOOOOPaul DuBois24 Jul