List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Kirby Date:March 11 1999 8:57pm
Subject:Re: sort of defragmentation?
View as plain text
Great, that simplifies things!  I had a lot of trouble with Unify5, where
UPDATEs or DELETEs would fail, because of the dependencies.

ck

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Sasha Pachev wrote:

> Charles Kirby wrote:
> >
> > Ah, that's what I wanted to hear.  But surely, if Mysql doesn't support
> > foreign keys and triggers, what orphans could possibly result from
> > deleting a line in the existing mysql?  Other than anything you knowingly
> > set up yourself to specifically have a relationship from one table to
> > another, is any relationship built-in with the keystone database?
> >
> > Thanks, ck
> >

> The tables are completely independent as far as the
> database is concerned. You can delete one completely,
> and the others will continue to exist peacefully, with
> the exception of the  queries that reference the deleted
> table of course. So you have to do the work yourself.
> --
> Sasha Pachev
> http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
> http://www.direct1.com/ (work)

Thread
sort of defragmentation?Mike Otto11 Mar
  • Re: sort of defragmentation?kalle volkov11 Mar
  • Re: sort of defragmentation?Christian Mack11 Mar
    • Re: sort of defragmentation?Charles Kirby11 Mar
      • Re: sort of defragmentation?Sasha Pachev11 Mar
        • Re: sort of defragmentation?Charles Kirby11 Mar
          • Re: sort of defragmentation?Sasha Pachev11 Mar
            • Re: sort of defragmentation?Charles Kirby11 Mar
              • Splitting query results among machines?Brian Bray11 Mar
                • RE: Splitting query results among machines?Brett Error11 Mar
  • SIGSEV using Mysql++Sander Pilon26 Aug
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp11 Mar
  • Re: sort of defragmentation?Sasha Pachev11 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp11 Mar
  • Re: sort of defragmentation?Christian Mack12 Mar
Re: Splitting query results among machines?Fred Lindberg11 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp12 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Christian Mack13 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp13 Mar