List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 21 2000 3:09pm
Subject:Re: mysql server couldn't start automatically?
View as plain text
Wee Chua wrote:

> Hi all,
> I installed binary rpm for Mysql-3.22.32. Why MySql server couldn't start
> automatically when the computer boot up? I have to tried to do this
> 'safe_mysqld user=root' each time when I log in? And the mysql is in the
> folder /etc/rc.d/init.d. Could anyone tell me how solve the problem in order
> to let mysql server start on all the time? Thanks.
>
> Calvin

Assuming you have a Red Hat Linux release,
make sure your "mysql.server" is mode 755.

Make a symbolic link to it in /etc/rc.d/init.d

Check /etc/inittab to see what run level you are using.

I use level 3, do in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d , I make another link.
EX:
cd /etc/rd.d/init.d
ln -s /usr/local/mysql/mysql/mysql.server mysql.server
cd ../rc3.d
ln -s ../init.d/mysql.server S98mysql

Another option is to add a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local to do "/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql.server
start"

Thread
mysql server couldn't start automatically?Wee Chua21 Jul
  • Re: mysql server couldn't start automatically?Erich L. Markert21 Jul
    • Re: mysql server couldn't start automatically?Paul DuBois21 Jul
  • Re: mysql server couldn't start automatically?Gerald Clark21 Jul