List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 6:12pm
Subject:Re: many self-joins in select
View as plain text
>>>>> "andreas" == andreas pieper <mego@stripped> writes:

andreas> hi,
andreas> thanks for the suggestions.

andreas> i tried it, but things did not improve very much. the query still takes
andreas> between 30 and 50 seconds to complete.

Can you mail me an EXPLAIN so that I can verify that I got it right.

andreas> i noticed heavy disk activity when the query runs, is there anything i can
andreas> do to get the data processed in memory? the size of the keywords.ISM file
andreas> is now about 110 MB in size, does it hav to fit in memory completely (-O
andreas> key_buffer=150M or something like that)?

One problem is that MySQL 3.22 can't use only the index file to
resolve your query;   MySQL 3.23 will however not have this
limitations, so things will probably be better within a couple of
weeks!

andreas> or do i have to integrate some sort of fulltext-indexer to the system?

We hope to have this relatively soon too..

andreas> thanks,

andreas> a

Regards,
Monty
Thread
many self-joins in selectandreas pieper2 Jun
  • Re: many self-joins in selectSasha Pachev3 Jun
    • Re: many self-joins in selectandreas pieper3 Jun
  • many self-joins in selectMichael Widenius3 Jun
    • Re: many self-joins in selectandreas pieper3 Jun
      • Re: many self-joins in selectMichael Widenius3 Jun
        • Re: many self-joins in selectandreas pieper4 Jun
Re: many self-joins in selectandreas pieper5 Jun