List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:12pm
Subject:Error
View as plain text
>>>>> "Tomislav" == Tomislav Petrovic <t.petrovic@stripped>
> writes:

Tomislav> I get every now and then the following error on my MySQL + PHP web page:
Tomislav> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If
Tomislav> you are not out of available memory, you can
Tomislav> consult the manual for any possible OS dependent bug in global.inc on line
Tomislav> 49

Tomislav> Line 49 of global.inc is:
Tomislav>  $_sql = mysql_connect("hostname", "username");

Tomislav> If I run /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin status I get:
Tomislav> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
Tomislav> error: 'Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of
Tomislav> available memory, you can consult the manual for any possible OS dependent
Tomislav> bug'

Tomislav> And, I'm definitely not out of memory since my swap is empty, top says:
Tomislav>  11:24am  up 49 days,  1:43,  2 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.11, 0.04
Tomislav> 33 processes: 31 sleeping, 2 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
Tomislav> CPU states: 17.1% user,  0.9% system,  0.1% nice, 82.1% idle
Tomislav> Mem:   63100K av,  58896K used,  4204K free,  15160K shrd,   6856K buff
Tomislav> Swap:  66492K av,    972K used,  65520K free                 33088K cached

Tomislav> What might cause this problem?
Tomislav> Tomy.

Hi!

Please repost with the mysqlbug script and include information about
which glib version you are using!

The above error usually means that you have a bug in your libc/glibc
library (and you have to update this) or that you haven't given MySQL
enough memory to work with. (You can change this with ulimit).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
ErrorTomislav Petrovic3 Jun