List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:12pm
View as plain text
>>>>> "Tomislav" == Tomislav Petrovic <t.petrovic@stripped>
> writes:

Tomislav> I get every now and then the following error on my MySQL + PHP web page:
Tomislav> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If
Tomislav> you are not out of available memory, you can
Tomislav> consult the manual for any possible OS dependent bug in on line
Tomislav> 49

Tomislav> Line 49 of is:
Tomislav>  $_sql = mysql_connect("hostname", "username");

Tomislav> If I run /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin status I get:
Tomislav> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
Tomislav> error: 'Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of
Tomislav> available memory, you can consult the manual for any possible OS dependent
Tomislav> bug'

Tomislav> And, I'm definitely not out of memory since my swap is empty, top says:
Tomislav>  11:24am  up 49 days,  1:43,  2 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.11, 0.04
Tomislav> 33 processes: 31 sleeping, 2 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
Tomislav> CPU states: 17.1% user,  0.9% system,  0.1% nice, 82.1% idle
Tomislav> Mem:   63100K av,  58896K used,  4204K free,  15160K shrd,   6856K buff
Tomislav> Swap:  66492K av,    972K used,  65520K free                 33088K cached

Tomislav> What might cause this problem?
Tomislav> Tomy.

Please repost with the mysqlbug script and include information about
which glib version you are using!

The above error usually means that you have a bug in your libc/glibc
library (and you have to update this) or that you haven't given MySQL
enough memory to work with. (You can change this with ulimit).

ErrorTomislav Petrovic3 Jun
  • Re: ErrorRitschie3 Jun
    • Re: ErrorJohn Tester3 Jun
  • ErrorMichael Widenius3 Jun