List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Date:July 21 2000 2:25pm
Subject:Re: Summary of several people's situations.
View as plain text
I did locate something on my RH6.2 box that I wonder about, although I don't
know much about sockets.

When trying to connect via mysql netstat reports:

unix  0      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTING    0
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

and that is where it stays. If I kill mysql and try again the existing
connection is still there.

-Dave

> Hi,
>
> > I have logged to Alex's computer yesterday, although he is not our
> > registered customer. Simply, we do not like that to miss the
> > opportunity to find some of our bugs.
>
> Thanks for doing this ; I am very grateful.
>
> > But when I logged to computer, I have found out that permissions an
> > basedir are set correctly for mysql user, but ownerships and
> > permissions on directories and files below it were a total mess.
>
> This may be so, but I thought that an install from scratch should deal
with
> creating, chowning and chmodding the directories for you? What should the
> permissions below be & I will change 'em :) I checked them myself and
could
> not see a problem.
>
> at root I see var as:
>
> drwxr-xr-x   22 root     root         1024 Jul 12 07:56 var
>
> then when i change to var i see lib as :
>
> drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root         1024 Jul 20 13:03 lib
>
> then when i change to lib i see mysql as :
>
> drwxrwxrwx    4 mysql    mysql        1024 Jul 20 14:04 mysql
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks & BR
> Alex

> If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to the above
address(Microsoft Outlook), you can use
http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php

Thread
Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Jason Planck21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Ryan Wahle21 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.sinisa21 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.mac21 Jul
      • Re: Summary of several people's situations.sinisa22 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Dave21 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.sinisa22 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Van21 Jul
    • Binding placeholders w/DBIAaron Weiss21 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Dana Powers21 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.David Hodgkinson21 Jul
Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul
  • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Greg Donald21 Jul
    • Re: Summary of several people's situations.Alex Bloor21 Jul