List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Date:July 20 2000 9:37pm
Subject:Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..
View as plain text
named running nicely here on this rh6.2 box

-Dave

> It's been a month or so since I had this problem so I don't remember
> *exactly* the issue, but generally speaking you have to have your host
> defined and put your networking info into /etc/hosts and or have a working
> local DNS with the right info for the machine.
>
> IIRC, check your mysql logs, it'll tell you what it can't resolve and why
> ... take it from there.  Sorry to be a little vauge - it's been a while
> since I figured it out (Mine was on FreeBSD 4.0-Stable built from source,
> but it would bomb during the 'mysql' tables.
>
> HTH,
>
> Hank

Thread
tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Alex Bloor20 Jul
  • RE: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Craig Vincent20 Jul
  • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dave20 Jul
  • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dave20 Jul
  • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dewi Beynon20 Jul
  • RE: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Henry F. Marquardt20 Jul
    • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dave20 Jul
    • RE: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Alex Bloor21 Jul