List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Date:July 20 2000 8:22pm
Subject:Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..
View as plain text
Same problem here,

I have got about 6 hours invested into figuring out what is up. What is
wierd about mine is that last night about 9:00pm PST or so MySQL just bombed
(won't take connections) with no explaination and no load. This version of
MySQL has been running nicely for the last 2 weeks...and last
night...goodbye.

Of course I tried to shutdown MySQL and restart it...no luck shutting
down...so last resort I try a reboot and restart MySQL...it runs..can't take
connections though..

Enough of this, I grab the latest RPM's from mysql.com (3.23.21-1) and
install shared libs, server and client...much to my surprise...same exact
thing..

Next I grab the tar.gz source from mysql.com and start a build. This morning
I installed the built source (after removing the previously installed RPM's)
and again...same thing.

Now I remove ALL traces of ANYTHING named MySQL from the box including all
my databases and everything. I am now looking at a console stuck at
"Creating columns_priv table" where it has been for the last 15 mins after
an rpm -ivh MySQL.....

Wierd stuff is going on..

-Dave

> This is getting curiouser and curiouser ...
>
> An almost brand new Rh6.2 server box, with hardly anything on it at all
(as
> opposed to a webserver with bits and pieces running on it)... Tried to
install
> from RPMs and again, hung at the "Creating columns_priv table"
> place. This was something i *really* didn't expect to happen,
> since I was assuming that although I didn't know what it was, I
> had done something small to break MySQL on the original RH box..  This is
> a "virgin" box... and it still goes wrong... I think MySQL doesn't like
the area I
> live in or something :)
>
> Many thanks.
> Alex
>
>  Alex Bloor - XELA Limited (Internet Services)
>  01959 701882 - alex@stripped - fax 01959 700028
>  http://www.xela.ltd.uk/

> If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to the above
address(Microsoft Outlook), you can use
http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php

Thread
tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Alex Bloor20 Jul
  • RE: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Craig Vincent20 Jul
  • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dave20 Jul
  • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dave20 Jul
  • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dewi Beynon20 Jul
  • RE: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Henry F. Marquardt20 Jul
    • Re: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Dave20 Jul
    • RE: tried installing on another rh6.2 box ... (major surprise) same result..Alex Bloor21 Jul