List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:57am
Subject:Re: connect to local MySQL server -Got iT
View as plain text
>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Marouf <marouni@stripped> writes:

Nick> Andrew,
Nick>     Yes I was as root when I tried to run safe_mysqld &..
Nick> I went and looked more at the help file and and it said that I had another
Nick> mysqld runing and for that reason It is using that socket..
Nick> The soultion was to

shell> MYSQL_UNIX_PORT=/tmp/mysqld-new.sock
shell> MYSQL_TCP_PORT=3307
shell> export MYSQL_UNIX_PORT MYSQL_TCP_PORT
shell> scripts/mysql_install_db
shell> bin/safe_mysqld &

Nick> this worked.. :)

Nick> but know if I have two mysqld running. that could cause problems. Does anyone
Nick> know of an efficiecent clean way to remove all of mysql from my machine.
Nick> I would do a clean install.

Nick> I did try removing them with rpm -e (name of file)
Nick> this works, but if I do  a find on mysql   I still get a whole list of them,
Nick> should I just    rm    them manullay?

You can use the perl script 'mysql_zap' to kill all mysqld versions:

mysql_zap mysqld

While you are deleting your old installation (with rm), just take care
that you don't accidently delete your old data files!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
connect to local MySQL serverNick Marouf2 Jun
  • Re: connect to local MySQL serverAndrew J. Talbot2 Jun
    • Re: connect to local MySQL server -Got iTNick Marouf2 Jun
      • Re: connect to local MySQL server -Got iTMichael Widenius3 Jun