List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:57am
Subject:Re: connect to local MySQL server -Got iT
View as plain text
>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Marouf <marouni@stripped> writes:

Nick> Andrew,
Nick>     Yes I was as root when I tried to run safe_mysqld &..
Nick> I went and looked more at the help file and and it said that I had another
Nick> mysqld runing and for that reason It is using that socket..
Nick> The soultion was to

shell> MYSQL_UNIX_PORT=/tmp/mysqld-new.sock
shell> MYSQL_TCP_PORT=3307
shell> scripts/mysql_install_db
shell> bin/safe_mysqld &

Nick> this worked.. :)

Nick> but know if I have two mysqld running. that could cause problems. Does anyone
Nick> know of an efficiecent clean way to remove all of mysql from my machine.
Nick> I would do a clean install.

Nick> I did try removing them with rpm -e (name of file)
Nick> this works, but if I do  a find on mysql   I still get a whole list of them,
Nick> should I just    rm    them manullay?

You can use the perl script 'mysql_zap' to kill all mysqld versions:

mysql_zap mysqld

While you are deleting your old installation (with rm), just take care
that you don't accidently delete your old data files!

connect to local MySQL serverNick Marouf2 Jun
  • Re: connect to local MySQL serverAndrew J. Talbot2 Jun
    • Re: connect to local MySQL server -Got iTNick Marouf2 Jun
      • Re: connect to local MySQL server -Got iTMichael Widenius3 Jun