List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:48am
Subject:Re: MySQL performance
View as plain text
>>>>> "Ritschie" == Ritschie  <krichard@stripped> writes:

Ritschie> HI!
Ritschie> I think you are right, I have forgotten the text of the erroe messages..

Ritschie> Every error message consisted of:

Ritschie> Mysql: couldn't make connection to database server..

Ritschie> Or something like that.
Ritschie> It was weeks ago so i don't remember exactly on what site I have
Ritschie> experienced this problem, but I don't think it is neccessary..

Ritschie> So the question is alive:

Ritschie> can this error message be created not because of Mysql?

This sounds like the problem is that you run out of file descriptors
(system wide or per process).  Try increasing the number of file
descriptors in your OS and check if this helps!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL performanceRitschie26 May
  • MySQL performanceMichael Widenius2 Jun
    • Re: MySQL performanceRitschie2 Jun
      • Re: MySQL performanceSasha Pachev2 Jun
        • Re: MySQL performanceRitschie3 Jun
      • Re: MySQL performanceMichael Widenius3 Jun