List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 5:59am
Subject:Re: Just one row
View as plain text
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Ruby <stever@stripped> writes:

Steve> against the same table, same machine, unloaded
Steve> other than that query, it took 0.89sec to do
Steve> SELECT * FROM TABLE LIMIT 2000000,1;

Steve> and 0.48 seconds to do
Steve> SELECT * FROM TABLE LIMIT 200000,1;

Steve> I put 2 million in the first time because I didn't
Steve> count your zeros right, but it helps to judge it
Steve> anyway.

Hi!

SELECT * from table LIMIT offset,count, shouldn't be fast if
offset is big and you really have 'offset' number of rows in the
table.

Are you sure that you didn't do something wrong while testing this?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Just one rowJamie Lay2 Jun