List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 3 1999 1:49am
Subject:missing tgetent in RedHat
View as plain text
>>>>> "root" == root  <root@stripped> writes:

root> configure script fails because it can't find function tgetent (in ncurses,
root> curses or termcap). My home system, using somewhat older libraries, has
root> tgetenv in libncurses.1.9.9e. OTOH, libncurses-4.2 don't have it.
>> How-To-Repeat:
root> Just try to build on the wrong combination of RedHat 5.1 and 6.0.
>> Submitter-Id:	vbar@stripped
>> Originator:	root
>> MySQL support: none
>> Synopsis:	RedHat libraries don't have tgetent function any more
>> Severity:	critical
>> Category:	mysql
>> Class:		sw-bug
>> Release:	mysql-3.22.22 (Source distribution)

Ok; This means that we have to update the readline version that comes
with the MySQL distribution :(

You should however be able to build mysqld by using:

./configure --without-readline

Could you try if this works for you?
(You must of course first install the readline RPM)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
missing tgetent in RedHatroot30 May
  • missing tgetent in RedHatMichael Widenius3 Jun