List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 2 1999 11:11pm
Subject:recovery after delete
View as plain text
>>>>> "Keki" == Keki Balazs <keki@stripped> writes:

Keki> Hi,
Keki> I have accidentally deleted a table (made a delete from table), but
Keki> successfully saved the files from /var/lib/mysql containing the table's
Keki> data (.ISM, .ISD)
Keki> I tried to recover the deleted rows with isamchk, which finds the ~375000
Keki> deleted rows int he files, but does not recover it, only finishes the
Keki> deletion, leaving no rows in the table.
Keki> Is there a way to recover the data stored in these files?

Hi!

Do you mean that you have a copy of the .ISM, .ISD files AFTER the
DELETE ?

In this case things are not that good;  If the table is fixed row size
table, you may be able to recover everything expect the 4 first bytes
in each row.  If the table uses dynamic row sizes, things are much
worse.

You can check this with:  isamchk -dv table_name:

For fixed row size tables, you will find the row:
'Record format: Fixed length' in the output from isamchk.

If you can live without the 4 first bytes of each row, please mail me
and I will try to help you recover some of the data.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL sub-queries..Pat Trainor28 May
  • recovery after deleteKeki Balazs1 Jun
    • Re: recovery after deleteVivek Khera1 Jun
    • recovery after deleteMichael Widenius3 Jun