List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 2 1999 11:18pm
Subject:Apache+mySql+php - undef sym in libmysqclient.so
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sameer" == Sameer Siruguri <siruguri@stripped> writes:

Sameer> I am compiling the following combination:
Sameer> Apache-1.3.6
Sameer> mySql-3.22.22
Sameer> php-3.0.7

Sameer> on SunOS 5.5.1 (Sparc Ultra-1)

Sameer> I configured php --without-libpam and --with-mysql. When I configure Apache
Sameer> with the PHP module activated, I get "undefined symbol" loader errors,
> appended
Sameer> to this mail.

Sameer> Where are these symbols defined? Does it have anything to do with the
Sameer> non-availability of libpam.a on my system?

Sameer> Thanks. Sam.

Sameer> Undefined			first referenced
Sameer>  symbol  			    in file
Sameer> stat64
> /home/siruguri/pkgs/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
Sameer> open64
> /home/siruguri/pkgs/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
Sameer> readdir64
> /home/siruguri/pkgs/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
Sameer> fopen64
> /home/siruguri/pkgs/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
Sameer> lstat64
> /home/siruguri/pkgs/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
Sameer> getpassphrase
> /home/siruguri/pkgs/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

Hi!

The above will happen on Solaris 2.7 if MySQL is compiled with big
file support and PHP isn't compiled with bug support!

Fix:

You must recompile PHP with the following flags:

CFLAGS=`getconf LFS_CFLAGS`
LDFLAGS=`getconf LFS_LDFLAGS`
export CFLAGS LDFLAGS

(Just check that PHP Makefile uses the LDFLAGS variable;  If not, you
have to add the output from `getconf LFS_LDFLAGS` to the PHP link
line in the Makefile)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Apache+mySql+php - undef sym in libmysqclient.soSameer Siruguri28 May
  • Apache+mySql+php - undef sym in libmysqclient.soMichael Widenius3 Jun