List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 2 1999 11:09pm
Subject:Re: Full text searches
View as plain text
Ryan Veety wrote:
> I'm using mysql to search a very large database of books.  I need it to
> search for any word in a particular field.  Using this method of course is
> slow because it can't use the index:
> select * from books where title like '%search%';
> How do other search engines like altavista make substring searches so
> quickly?  I need to be able to search a database with over a million
> records very fast.  Any example code would be apreciated.
> Ryan

Try htdig.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Full text searchesRyan Veety3 Jun
  • Re: Full text searchesSasha Pachev3 Jun
    • Re: Full text searchesJorge del Conde3 Jun
  • Re: Full text searchesVivek Khera3 Jun
  • Restarting mySQLDenis V. Manilo3 Jun
    • Re: Restarting mySQLaj3 Jun
Re: Full text searchesPiet Wesselman3 Jun
Re: Full text searchesMark Papadakis3 Jun
  • Re: Full text searchesPat Trainor3 Jun