List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:March 11 1999 9:46pm
Subject:Re: sort of defragmentation?
View as plain text
Charles Kirby wrote:

> Ah, that's what I wanted to hear.  But surely, if Mysql doesn't support
> foreign keys and triggers, what orphans could possibly result from
> deleting a line in the existing mysql?  Other than anything you knowingly
> set up yourself to specifically have a relationship from one table to
> another, is any relationship built-in with the keystone database?
>
> Thanks, ck

The tables are completely independent as far as the
database is concerned. You can delete one completely,
and the others will continue to exist peacefully, with
the exception of the  queries that reference the deleted
table of course. So you have to do the work yourself.
--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
        • Re: sort of defragmentation?Charles Kirby11 Mar
          • Re: sort of defragmentation?Sasha Pachev11 Mar
            • Re: sort of defragmentation?Charles Kirby11 Mar
              • Splitting query results among machines?Brian Bray11 Mar
                • RE: Splitting query results among machines?Brett Error11 Mar
  • SIGSEV using Mysql++Sander Pilon26 Aug
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp11 Mar
  • Re: sort of defragmentation?Sasha Pachev11 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp11 Mar
  • Re: sort of defragmentation?Christian Mack12 Mar
Re: Splitting query results among machines?Fred Lindberg11 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp12 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Christian Mack13 Mar
Re: sort of defragmentation?Ed Carp13 Mar