List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:efrazier Date:June 2 1999 7:03pm
Subject:opinons? slowest practical myODBC connection
View as plain text
Hi,

What do you think? Is it pratical to work on large tables using myODBC if
you are using a modem connection? Does it make a big difference if you, for
example use an intial SQL statement on connect to filter out records and
then view records entry by entry. Could you use the LIMIT SQL statment to do
that?  It seems that with Access 95 and myODBC I download only what I am
viewing, so it would seem to make sence that you could deal with a slow
connection buy using say a form view instead of a table view. Does that make
sence? Does this kind of action in Access have anything to do with ODBC
cursors? I don't really know what a cursor is, but I am guessing it is when
you move through a record set by rows, make bookmarks etc.

Thanks, I am really getting excited about myODBC, very cool stuff. You guys
are just gods!

Eric

Thread
opinons? slowest practical myODBC connectionefrazier2 Jun
  • Re: opinons? slowest practical myODBC connectionSasha Pachev3 Jun
RE: opinons? slowest practical myODBC connectionDarren L Sweeney3 Jun