List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Faucette Date:March 17 1999 6:00pm
Subject:Re: MySQL + sendmail
View as plain text
Ed Carp wrote:

> It would probably be easier to roll your own server that supported SMTP (no
> kidding!) or get one of the sendmail clones than hacking sendmail - the
> code's a mess.
>
> If you use 'sendmail -bt' on the back end, you can parse the output and
> figure out if the message is deliverable.  Is that what you're trying to do?

That's what I thought at first, but he's concerned about incoming mail.
Sendmail is messy, but sometimes you just have to put some boots on and
wade in. *s* I sent him a hook into recipient and a sample use.

  jim...
Thread
MySQL + sendmailVladas Lapinskas17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailSarel Lugtenburg18 Mar
Re: MySQL + sendmailEd Carp17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailJim Faucette17 Mar
Re: MySQL + sendmailFred Lindberg17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailMike Little18 Mar