List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 2 1999 5:45pm
Subject:Re: Moving Data
View as plain text
"McCrery, Ken" wrote:

> I just installed MYSQL on a new Linux machine.  I need to move my existing
> MYSQL databases off an old SGI.  Can anyone suggest a way to move the data
> other than dumping it into text files, recreating the tables on the new
> machine, and loading the text files into the new databases?
>

> Ken McCrery

Hi Ken

Use:
mysqldump --quick --complete-insert --extended-insert oldDatabase | mysql --host=newHost
newdatabase

This will create all tables and transfer the data from oldDatabase at localhost to
newdatabase on newHost.
You only have to create the newdatabase on newHost first.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Moving DataKen McCrery2 Jun