List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 2 1999 5:33pm
Subject:Re: Table Handler Error 134
View as plain text
Charles Montamte wrote:

> I'm trying to modify a table with ALTER and get the messaga "mysql returned
> the following message Got error 134 from table handler.
>
> How do I find out what error 134 is.  The documention says that I should
> have gotten a program called perror which gives the text or errors.  I did
> not get such a program. (I downloaded the windows version).
>
> I've searched all documentation and every site I could find that deals with
> mysql and cannot find a list of errocodes and what they mean.
>
> Does someone know where such a list exists?
>
> or How I get perror for use under windows ?
>
> What error 134 means?
>
> Thanks

Hi Charles

From the Manual:
13.4.2 How to repair tables

The symptoms of a corrupted table are usually that queries abort unexpectedly and that you
observe errors such as these:

     `tbl_name.frm' is locked against change
     Can't find file `tbl_name.ISM' (Errcode: ###)
     Got error ### from table handler (Error 135 is an exception in this case)
     Unexpected end of file
     Record file is crashed

In these cases, you must repair your tables. isamchk can usually detect and fix most
things that go wrong.

I just searched after 'table handler' :)

I assume you use the trial/shareware version 3.21.29 of mysql.
This version has a problem with ALTER TABLE.
To prevent the above error (and the table corruption), you have to:
1) ensure that nobody will access mysql while running the commands below!!!!

2) make an 'mysqladmin refresh'

3) send the ALTER TABLE query you want to do.

4) do another 'mysqladmin refresh'

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Table Handler Error 134Charles Montamte2 Jun
Re: Table Handler Error 134Christian Mack2 Jun
  • Re: Table Handler Error 134Charles Montante4 Jun
Re: Table Handler Error 134Michael Widenius4 Jun